Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chief Martindale Diner - Craryville NY

To the best of my recollection this was the very first diner I visited. It is a Silk City diner #5807. I bought a T-Shirt from them, which was also the first T-Shirt as well.

This was one of the first long trips I took (well at least I thought it was along trip) all the way to the Taconic Highway in New York (lots of tongue in cheek). I had the meatloaf special with mash potatoes and green beans. The place was not particularly busy, the food was just ok, the price was very good, and the parking lot was the pits. Essentially chopped up pavement and gravel.

Located at N42 12.494 W73 38.075 or 1000 New York 23, Craryville, NY

Map


The sign, although a bit rusty, is really neat.



I went through my photos and realized I don't have a good picture of this diner. It was right around this time that I got my first digital camera. Go figa. Guess we will have to go back out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment